Pages

New Journey

As someone who is twenty-one, I find it hard to get started in this community. I've yet to take anything as serious as I do this, and yet I find myself in a place where learning all the new tricks of the field is difficult and a lot to take in. This field that is populated with women who have been around for many years doing this, and I feel it even harder to gain the experience I need when people don't take you that seriously yet. How can I stand out? What makes me different than anyone else? Thats what I've yet to figure out.

I started up ordering free samples and coupons to attempt to save money in my little apartment. When I was a student and began living with roommates, thats what I found to help the most. When I decided becoming a doula was the path I wanted to go down, I decided that I would test out brands that I never tried myself to attempt to see what would work for new mothers, I began looking at organizations that would help new mothers and families and ask them for brochures and small goodies like magnets and business cards to see if this would be deemed helpful to new families. How can these brands and services make a mother feel more comfortable with her pregnancy and with her labour and transitioning into becoming a new mother? I began taking notes and writing reviews for these products in attempts to help these families when I can't be their doula and help them make those healthy decisions in person. This is just one step in my journey in doula work. In this blog I will write reviews for each of the products and the coupons I receive in the mail and those I purchase on my own time to further help in the decision making for my clients and those reading my blog. 

I have started taking classes and learning lots about child development and prenatal care. I have found some comfort measures and massage techniques that I feel work wonderfully and have been noting many different ways in which I can help. I have a long path to go and have yet to have a birth to attend but I'm excited to have the experience and learn how to be the best doula I can be and make the birth experience about the mother completely.

My goal for this journey is to end becoming a certified doula with a lot of experience. I plan to learn from each person and each person's journey. My ultimate goal is not to discriminate or judge a person for their decisions and allow them to have a path that they designed for themselves come to life. 

My goal for myself is to become a full-spectrum doula as well as a birth and postpartum doula. It is hard as there is not a lot of resources out there that can help someone learn to help mothers through miscarriage and abortion, I have self-taught myself a lot of the information but would love to learn things from other full-spectrum doulas. My goal for this is to help and support a woman through a circumstance and/or decision. Women in these circumstances need people to be there and support them with resources and guide them down a path in which their heart desires, and hold their hand through it. I hope to be able to make this a reality in the near future.

If you are looking out for a birth doula/ full-spectrum doula to volunteer their time to you, feel free to email me at paigedkendell@gmail.com . I am currently looking to gain experience and be able to love and support a woman through their journey. 

Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment