Pages

Quite a bit done

Well, I did quite a bit today! I got up and reviewed some of the notes I took at the DONA workshop I attended.. A lot of which are resources and books and DVDs I can't quite afford at the moment. I'm excited to save some money and use that to get the essentials I need.. Including a yoga ball and other goodies! I finally got around to putting this up on my wall like I wanted to
These make me feel comfident in what I'm accomplishing with all of my steps. 

I will provide an actual written out copy of this in my next blog post. One is the doula oath, and the other includes 4 laws in which not only doulas, but people in general, should hold close to their hearts in any journey of theirs, especially when it comes to helping those around them. 

I went to the police station today to get my police records check so I can begin volunteering with an organization to be a companion to mothers during labour and postpartum. I'm very excited to start that if I do get the chance to do so. That was an interesting experience to say the very least. we waited an hour to hand in my sheet to get my records check and then they told me it would take 10 weeks to do so! there were some interesting characters around as well, one man who had a warrant out for his arrest and another who couldn't wait patiently like the rest of us and evidentially cut people in line so he could tell the cops about his cellphone which was confiscated for evidence. It was a situation that made me slightly more proud to be doing what I'm doing. I felt great that I was there to hand in a form to do something magical as oppose to yelling at police officers over my missing phone. 

It's not much of a post, but indeed I want to keep people connected to what I'm doing to continue with this journey. 



Unknown

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment